hmmm, well I'm hearing a lot of opinion expressed.

First off, how many of you have acctually built ckts for10-GHz+? (show of hands) And of you who did, how many worked the first time as designed without "tinkering"? Snow-flaking is a well known method of "tweaking" the circuit to get it to work optimally. Snow-flaking is an art!

If you can make one that works, probably involves a little magic; if you can manufacture hundreds that work reliably, that is a master at science. Of course you might argue the latter is "true magic".

Cave man would say all this is magic. If you are an alien who can travel between stars, our stuff is archaic. Probably hams span that range? Got my hard hat and PPE on, fire away!

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com