That is some lossy wire in your example:)  The reason for the lighter
gauge splice suggestion was to provide a way to connect heavy wire to the
Elecraft K3 and K3S. I can directly connect 1 awg wire to my Astron power
supply but technically only 10 awg to the small PowerPole connector on the
transceiver.

John KK9A

James Wilson w4rks73 wrote:

Running a heavy power supply line with a lighter gauge wire at
the radio end OR a lighter wire at the power supply end, the
overall net supply resistance (and voltage drop) will be the same.
For example, 100 Ohms in series with 1 Ohm equals 101 Ohms net total
resistance.

Likewise 1 Ohm in series with 100 Ohms is still 101 Ohms.

It doesn't matter if you take the voltage drop at the input or
at the output end of the power run if the total load is at the
end of the run.

I checked with Dr. Ohm to verify this.  :-)

Jim - W4RKS