I just found the message at the bottom from Bob N3MNT in the online archive. I don't know why it wasn't emailed to me. Here's my response:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The first prototype, though fully functional, is a proof of concept, and far from the final product. I'm making changes to the amplifier and enclosure which will alter the sound of the speaker. Also, the speaker driver may change. So, it's premature to make judgements of its sound quality right now. Furthermore, listening to recordings of audio equipment leaves a lot to be desired. After all, you wouldn't be listening to the SPX3 itself, but to what was picked up by the microphone and recording equipment I would have available, then played back on whatever computer, audio gear, and speakers or headphone you have on hand. Not only that, what sounds best to you may be different than what sounds best to someone standing next to you. It would be best to hear the final product in person.

My endeavor is to create a product that sounds as good as possible to most listeners within the compromises necessary to get all the features folks most want in a very small, crowded enclosure and keep the price reasonable for what folks will be purchasing. Then, improve it as users provide feedback from how they choose to use it.

Thanks and 73,
Robert (AG6ZZ)

--

Bob N3MNT Fri, 13 Apr 2018 13:59:07 -0700

If possible could yu post an audio clip with both SSB and CW.