(not sure if this is the same as using the KX3 users group but here goes)

Would appreciate advice on the use of the* notch filter* on my KX3

It is fitted with* KX3FL3* roofing filters. I only use CW

Once I have spotted a weak signal I can  use these to narrow down and
filter out unwanted noise on the chosen signal

I can also apply the APF filter and tune that way.

Recent advice suggested that the APF function  works best when when used
with a  DSP/crystal filter WIDTH setting of 300-500 Hz

Does this mean I switch on the Notch and tune to this range on the notch
setting and how does this work with the bandwidth settings on the PBT
function?

Do I leave the notch on whilst tuning for other signals or only use it when
I have a weak signal in the first place.

Trial and error has left me doubtful whether I am getting the best out of
this function.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks

john M6KET