Probably a silly question:  Did you turn off the tuner in the amp (bypass it)?  If not, it should be off.

Rick nhc

On 5/12/2018 10:31 AM, Grant Youngman wrote:
Given you already have an SWR of 1.5 or less with the hexnbeam, the MFJ tuner
is just adding loss.

It could be the KXPA100 doesn’t like the AL-811 input circuits.  If the SWR is
low (on the KXPA100) with the 811 bypassed, and high when the 811 is in line,
then I’d suspect the 811 input.  You could try putting a dummy load on the amp,
the Daiwa 901 between the KXPA100 and the amp, and see how the KXPA and Daiwa
compare.  Or turn on the antenna tuner on in the KXPA and see if it can tune
out the reactance of the amp input.  You may just need to adjust the 811 input
network for a better SWR.  The networks on my AL-1200 aged into an SWR of
around 2.5.  I always ran my K3 autotuner when driving the amp — too lazy to
take off the 927 screws to remove the AL-1200 cover, slide it back, and adjust
the input networks.

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091, KX3 #8342