I made some measurements on my K2/K60XV.  It seems the bandpass filter does cut
off just above 28.8 MHz and the available 1 mW output from the K60XV drops
markedly starting around 29 MHz. It would not be practical to use this output
unless the bandpass filter were retuned.

At the QRP antenna jack, using WSJT (and therefore presumably SSB) the power
remains constant (when set for 2 watts) up to at least 29.4, so it seems the
power control algorithm is doing its job.  On CW, however, when raising the
frequency the power drops.  When starting at 29.4 MHz and going down, the power
goes up well above 2 W.  It can be reset to 2 W by moving the power knob off
the 2 watt setting and back again.  This isn't very practical in real
operation, so once again, the conclusion is that to operate above 29 MHz the
bandpass filter would need to be retuned.

73,
Steve VE3SMA