Wayne,
   Have a KX3 here and use the Rx I/Q Ports with external SDR
receiver and applications need I/Q outputs with an HF 3dB splitter with a DXE
RTR-1A
DXE box with Protection from overload Rx protection

Noticed poor sensitivity due to the High NF when taking output from Rx I/Q at
the
Rx I/Q has great amplitude & Phase Balance ( outstanding )

Noted that to increase sensitivity in my Go Box had to add
a Clifton Labs HF 11dB High IP2/High Ip3 LNA preamp to utilize the
Rx I/Q Ports on super weak Signals.

Found adding an External  Pre-Amp was necessary and with Pre-Amp On in the KX3
for Bands on
20meters and Higher was necessary to get enough sensitivity for my necessary Rx
I/Q
applications and 3rd Party SDR Synced Receiver being driven by the KX3 and
WIN4K3 software

73 Mike