Ted,

Until I got my EE Degree, I was a technician in IBM's Typewriter division, and I worked on customer's premises for Selectrics as well as typebar machines (and dictating equipment). I can tell you that there was never a "blur" character on the typeball, nor a "blur key" on the keyboard for any of the machines. There WAS a lot of talk about it in certain circles, and a desire on the part of many operators for such a blur key.

73,
Don W3FPR