Mine does this on 6 meters if SPLIT is enabled. Turning SPLIT off and then pressing TUNE it will put out power.  Turn SPLIT back on and TUNE will put out full power until the next power cycle of the radio.  Strangely, it only happens on 6 meters.

I posted about it here before and was told it was probably an issue with WSJT-X which doesn't make sense because the radio behaves this way without WSJT-X even running on my computer.  I don't know how WSJT-X could change the K3 firmware.

Mike - KI0HA