Almost, but not quite. Assuming the amplifier is linear (as are the Elecraft
units), the amplifier will boost the signal by the multiplication factor of the
amp, up to a maximum value.
For example, the KPA500 has about 13db of gain, so the output will be 13db
above the input, up to about 700 watts. To put it another way, if 40 watts
input gets 500 watts out,
then 4 watts in will give 50 watts out. There is a maximum input level for each
amplifier (I believe 60 watts for the KPA500, but would have to check), and a
maximum output value.

Don’t expect that any input will drive the amplifier to full output, but the
output is indeed proportional to the input.

Hope this helps!

73,
Jack, W6FB