Dan,

I experienced a similar issue with my K3, S/N range 4,000.  I attempted a TX
Gain calibration with minimal improvement.  40m and higher bands (in
frequency) worked OK (no overshoot) while lower bands still faulted.

I finally performed an EE INIT, reloaded 5.60 firmware, and the last saved
configuration.  I later upgraded to the beta 5.64 firmware.  Neither
firmware version resulted in overshoot after the EE INIT.  The rig has
operated normally over the last week.  I can now rest without worries (about
the K3 and its performance at the upcoming FD).

Save your current K3 configuration and try an EE INIT.  While not logical, I
did this twice before I achieved success.  GL!

73, Bill, K8TE

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/