Unfortunately the update options you refer to are not available in the "Windows 10 Home" version that most people have.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO
CWops no. 5
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/

On 30/05/2018 10:27, Ian White wrote:
The functions that are lost can vary, depending on the Win10 subtype and the
installed software.

With my system - Win10 pro 32-bit, two K3s with KIO3B USB cards, and VSPE port
forwarding - all of the rig control functions worked as before but the two
soundcard interfaces did not. Win10 reported both interfaces running OK with
the latest driver already in place, and offered no option to roll back to the
previous driver.

The next step would normally be to uninstall the sound interface, and then
restart and allow Windows to search for and install the latest drivers; but
this only installed the same driver as before.

My interim solution has been to roll back the entire Windows update, so
everything now works as it did two days ago.

For the future, I have set the update options for all so-called "feature updates"  to the
more restrictive "Semi-Annual Channel" option (meaning, don't update until the update is
claimed to be ready for widespread deployment in organizations) and with a further delay period of
180 days.

However, the so-called "quality updates" that include new security features remain at
their default setting of 0 days (meaning, "install immediately").

All of these options are accessible through Settings - Update & Security -
Windows Update. For rollback of an existing update, choose Update History -
Uninstall Updates. For future updates, choose Advanced Options.

None of this has involved the radio gear; it has been purely a Windows10 issue.

73 from Ian GM3SEK