There is a difference between security packages and bug fixes and upgrades.

Security patches are important in our highly-networked world.

When an "upgrade" affects functionality, that is unacceptable.

The typical Windows 10 upgrade is twice the size of the typical Linux distribution.

Android at least does this mostly-right. A major upgrade requires permission, security patches don't. This isn't always true of applications.

73 -- Lynn