From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Richard Thorne
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2018 5:55 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA-1500 Fan Noise - YouTube ?

This fan noise issue has me concerned to the point that I’m considering
cancelling my order.

While the amp won’t be on my operating desk, it will be on a rack next to my
operating desk.  Remoting the amp is not an option. Quite frankly I have no
interest in remoting the amp.

Is there anyone out there that has a KPA-1500 willing to post a YouTube video
so we can hear the fan in action and judge the noise for ourselves?

From the research I’ve done it appears that if you want a solid state amp,
regardless of make, you need to be prepared for fan noise.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC

Sent from my iPhone

Message delivered to n...@comcast.net