Second that.  I have one external power supply from a well-known ham-gear
manufacturer of somewhat questionable repute which throws off S9 racket all
over everything, or did until I gave the output cord about 10 turns through
a hefty ferrite.

I'd forgotten about the RX Shift feature being per-band somehow... it could
be my imagination but it seems to take down the omnipresent 30Hz impulse
noise a few dB at my QTH in San Mateo.  (I've of course gone through
turning off power to the house and driving around in portable operation...
I think the problem is generally being anywhere near PG&E transmission
lines, which is something that's hard to avoid anywhere in the SF
peninsula.  The noise blanker also does a pretty decent job of suppressing
it even further.)

   Nick

--
*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it