Frankly I agree with Bob-K4TAX:

If you ever have chance to visit the sound booth at either a broadcast station or recording studio, note the use of acoustic tile.

The Super-Contest station of KL7RA (sk) is lined with acoustic tile and you note immediately how quiet the room sounds (even with radios turned off). Not sure how many of you knew Rich Strand but he was a radio astronomy consultant to NASA, flying world-wide to "fix" things at remote dish sites (thus his call sign).

Since I had also worked for NASA at Goldstone and at JPL, Rich and I had many enjoyable conversations.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com