Here is a link to the instructions from Signalink:
http://www.tigertronics.com/pgmsetup.htm#WSJT-X

Part of that file says:
WSJT-X

    Click File, then click Settings.
    In the new window that opens, click the General tab and enter your call in
the My Call text box.
**  Click the Radio tab and select "None" in the Rig drop-down menu.  Select
"Vox" as the PTT Method.  Note that your radio's VOX setting should be OFF.
This setting simply allows the SignaLink USB to control PTT
    Click the Audio tab and select "USB Audio Codec" for both the Input and
Output sound card.  If using Windows Vista/7/8.x/10, then you'll need to select
 "Microphone - USB Audio Codec" for "Input" and "Speakers - USB Audio Codec"
for "Output".
    Click the OK button to close the Settings window.
    Set the "PWR" slider on the WSJT-X main window (right-hand side of screen)
to the second notch from the top (roughly -5.1db).  Note that if you lower this
slider too much the SignaLink USB will NOT switch into transmit!  See details
below.
    WSJT-X is a complex program so please take some time to read the WSJT-X
users guide!

That is why I set VOX on in the Software, and off on my K3. Pretty much
anything else generates an error box. What is confusing to me is that it worked
OK this way before and only fails when my daughter is watching  :-{

73 de W3UEC (Steve, the mystified)