And if for some reason you have a TRS available and not TS connector....  just wire the ring and shield to Pins 1 and 3, and still pin 2 to tip.

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389

On 06/07/18 13:59, Bob McGraw K4TAX wrote:
If you wish to make your own cable using a XLR connector and a 1/8" Tip-Sleeve connector,   XLR pin #2 connect to Tip, XLR pin #3 and pin #1 to the Sleeve.   In the XLR world, pin #1 is ground/shield, pin #2 is hot (+ve) and pin #3 is cold (-ve) Thus for unbalanced use, pin #1 and pin #3 must be connected.

Also, the mike bias must be OFF via the configuration selection in the radio.

73

Bob, K4TAX