To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:17 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Antenna Feedline Question

Hi all,
I am running a barefoot K2 with various options, including the auto-tuner and am getting ready to put up a new antenna. I've decided on a 40 meter dipole that I will feed with 450 ohm 'window' line. This will be my only antenna, at least for a while. I operate mostly on 40 meters (CW) but also a bit on 20 (psk31) and 15/10 (also CW) when they are open and hope to tune the 40 meter dipole to those bands with the auto-tuner.

I am planning to run the 'window' line all the way into the shack to the K2 (which is about 5 or ten feet from the outside wall). My question is should I also use the BL1 at the K2 and will I have any trouble tuning to the other bands. I guess I don't understand what 4:1 means, in this case as I'll be using 450 ohm feedline to the K2.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Tom
WB2QDG
K2 1103