    Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 23:57:06 -0700
    From: Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
    To: Elecraft Reflector <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
    Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT - Source for Air Variable Capacitors

    For a magnetic loop, the contact resistance of the wipers on typical air
variable capacitors causes big losses. That is why he?s specifically looking
for vacuum, butterfly, or split stator variable capacitors.

    The MFJ butterfly capacitors are reasonably priced, at $70 and $90. MFJ
uses them in the mag loop tuners they sell.

    wunder
    K6WRU
    Walter Underwood
    CM87wj