Lenny,

Are your IF filters aligned so a 550Hz signal is within the passband.
With the K2, simply setting STP for 550 Hz will not do it, you must do CAL FIL to make 550Hz appear well within the receive passband.

A properly tuned K2 will typically have a good response to a -140dBm signal from the HP8640B.

It is easier to take the K2 to the signal generator than to lug that heavy signal generator to the hamshack!

73,
Don W3FPR