And, Aaron, all you really need to transmit-by-typing any of of the digital
text modes integrated into the KX2 firmware (at present: CW, PSK31 & 63, and
FSK45 [RTTY]) is the KX2 utility (with your computer connected via the ACC
[RS232 serial] buss)

I’ve sent CW that way on my Mac—and then had fldigi listening in the background
passively transcribing both sides of the conversation

Joan KX2CW

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, said Piglet.
Shaka, when the walls fell, said Pooh.