Hans,

While the KX3 is sufficiently stable for FT8 on 160 thru 10 meters, I believe it is marginal on 6 meters - but that depends on the power level.

Look at the temperature rise during an FT8 transmission - it should be much smaller than your drift from 52C to 38C.

The "cure" for temperature rise during transmit is to reduce the power output, or put an aftermarket heatsink on the KX3.

73,
Don W3FPR