While I certainly would recommend conservative design, so long as it’s a
KPA-1500 you’re powering don’t worry so much.You won’t be running continuous
duty cycle, so the heating of the wire is of less concern.

It would be a bigger concern if the circuit was used on a continuous duty cycle
load such as a space heater or air conditioner.

73  -  Jim   K8MR