Erik,

One of the benefits of using a new and direct line to the breaker box to power both 240 and 120 in the shack is that the 120 volt (and the 240 volt) green wire ground is a straight run to the breaker box instead of being run willy-nilly from receptacle to receptacle through the house.
The one dedicated run creates less noise on the power to the shack.

73,
Don W3FPR