On 7/13/2018 10:27 AM, ANDY DURBIN wrote:

> A vanity call is one that is self selected rather than being the next
> in order assigned by FCC. The main reason for getting one is
> ....vanity. Many select a vanity call that represents their name or
> initials. Some because the call comes close to spelling a word that
> has significance for them. Some because it represents an area of
> interest.

And some, like myself, use the system to reclaim an earlier call that
had to be turned in when moving to a different call area "back when".
Some use the system to get a call that was held by a deceased family
member.  I know one young ham who reclaimed the call of his late
*Great-Grandfather* !

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest