And if you are using PSK or CW decoding, the SVGA gives you a much larger decode window and so more time to read what is being decoded.

73 Bill AE6JV

On 7/22/18 at 8:17 PM, j...@audiosystemsgroup.com (Jim Brown) wrote:

On 7/22/2018 7:27 PM, Randy Farmer wrote:
If you're doing split frequency DX chasing or Search & Pounce in contests, the big screen is a VERY valuable resource. If you carefully adjust the Reference Level it will also allow you to see signals that are almost in the noise; this is good for weak signal work such as on 6 meters. I consider the SVGA option a very good investment.

Thanks for writing what I was going to write, Randy!  I'll also add that the SVGA GREATLY increases (up to about two minutes) the time that can be displayed in the waterfall, which is a HUGE help when trying to find a place to call CQ in a contest.

73, Jim K9YC