Folks,

Some history...

I had to send my K3s to Elecraft for
repair. I purchased a K3 a couple years
back to set up for a close friend and
though it has all the factory updates, it
had a low serial # and he wanted one with
a high one. I sold him my equally updated
K3 with a higher Serial # and kept this
one. It has sat on the shelf as my backup
radio for the last two years

I rarely use SSB, only CW & have maybe 3-4
SSB conversations/year. With the remote
preamp attached it became problematic to
the wiring and to simplify things I
updated the K3 with the new KXV3B and
KIO3B boards so it will match the
connections of the K3s and simplify wiring
issues and not need an external soundcard.

I found I could not transmit with WSJT-X
but I could receive and decode just fine,
CAT and Test PTT worked perfectly,
clicking on tune showed the K3 led red as
in transmit but zero output regardless of
line level or power out adjustment. The
DATA MD is indeed set to DATA A. The
computer sound settings showed the K3s USB
was selected for default and the levels
were both at 52. I exhausted all I could
think of to do to get it to work but
nothing out.

However, the K3 transmitted perfectly in
CW and the auto-tuner worked as expected.

I discovered later that the K3 will not
transmit in SSB. In AM it sends out the
carrier appropriately proportional to the
power setting but nothing of audio was
transmitted.

There is nothing plugged into the back of
the K3 in the audio/line KXV3B I/O module.

I loaded the config from two years ago
when I brought it home and after changing
the config to see the new components there
were no changes in SSB transmission.

I did a full EE factory reset, re-set the
configuration to reflect the new K3s
boards and still no SSB out.

Since WSJT uses SSB to transmit, I assume
this is the cause of no transmit with that
software (it worked fine with the K3s).

One assumption is the K3 I bought has a
defective component from when I bought it
and I didn't know that because I didn't
try SSB. I thought I had while setting it
up for my friend (now SK) but it was
awhile ago and I don't remember if I did
or not.

-----

So with all the history above, has anyone
had an issue like this that you found the
resolution to? Maybe there is some setting
in the K3 I need to engage? There's
nothing to unplug from the rear and
everything else works perfectly.

Ideas & suggestions?