Bill,

I am glad you were successful. Yes, setting the time on the KAT2 is made intentionally difficult by the firmware. Follow the instructions exactly (accounting for the delays between button pressses and action), and you will be successful. A dose of patience may be required, but it works.

73,
Don W3FPR