To be sure, your next test is to run the KPA500 into a dummy  load and
listen to yourself on another receiver.

This will help confirm if you have an equipment issue or an RFI issue.

It is critical to start with a very basic setup and work your way up to
more complicated.  K3 and a hand mic into a dummy load.  If that is ok,
then add the KPA500, etc.

Beyond that, you are can quickly be chasing your tail.

After all that and you add an antenna, and you have the problem, you have
to start dealing with common mode currents (aka RFI).  Start install chokes
(like Mix 41) on feedlines and powerlines.  Both ends.  At the antenna and
at the radio.

I read a document by the YCCC years ago and it became my bible on RF
issues.  The by product is that I started to hear more as I had less
receiver noise as well.

Let us know how you make out.

Mike va3mw