This has been a very interesting thread for me.  I too am a very satisfied
elecraft customer, mainly as a result of EXCELLENT service.  I have a T1, SG3,
KX3, PX3, K3s, SP3, KPA500 and KAT500.

When the KX3 was about 10 months old I noticed that a couple of the yellow
painted letters on the face plate were popping off.  The faceplate was quickly
replaced. My KPA500 had a very unusual fault in that 4 of the PEM nuts in the
bottom chassis plate were the wrong thread size.  Once diagnosed the bottom
plate was quickly replaced I I rebuilt the amplifier.  After about 6 months I
turned on the station and keyed a couple of “dits” on the paddle and the KPA500
blew the tops off of both output FETS.  Elecraft quickly had a replacement
power module on the way to me.

This week I finally figured out that a distorted SSB audio report I received
since I built the K3s as really present only when using more than 12 watts
output.  Whenever the KPA3A kicked in there was a noticeable distortion on my
signal.  You guessed it, a replacement KPA3A module was in the mail and should
arrive this Wednesday,

Their service is excellent and I am a VERY SATISFIED customer.  My wife’s
comment, on learning that I was waiting for another replacement part, was “you
certainly seem to have a lot of problems with that stuff”.

Go figure :)

Oh yeah, I am also a MAC lover :)

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI