Hi Bob,

I don't recall if it was from the WSJT-X
online help page or advice from a K3s user
but I had my WSJT-X power bar around 80%
and in the sound manager, both playback &
recording levels are around 52%.

With that, the line level value in the K3s
was around 7. After the suggestions
earlier I moved it to line level 8 and all
5 bars were solid. To the good, I was not
having that issue of false transmit and
needing to jog the power to get output.

I'm willing to follow suggestions and see
how it goes so I moved the power slider to
roughly 1/2 way which then required me to
adjust the line level value on the K3s to
26. Checking the levels in sound manager,
they remain at 52.

At this point the meteors seem to be
hitting less, the shower may well be over.
I've only made one Q in the last 20
minutes and that was an E contact from 163
miles away. I'm not reading decodes so the
band is quiet but all seems well, I am
seeing proper output. 40W drive is putting
out 900W on 6M with every transmission.

Fingers crossed these changes are the
solution. I hope these posts help others
in the future, and thanks for the reply.

Oh... How timely, you & I just started a
MSK144 Q & at 807 miles. Things are still
going!  :)

73,

Gary
KA1J