The very nature of this survey is heavily skewed. DX World is not a website
than Barry Baofeng, Nathan Netminder or Hammy Hambone are ever going to visit.

 - pjd

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil Hystad via Elecraft
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:09 PM
To: Bob McGraw K4TAX
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] DX World Transceiver survey

Surveys that collect information from the users of the service or product don’t
usually publish volume or number of units sold.  They will publish information
on numbers of persons surveyed or break down numbers per product type.

It is a totally different type of “survey” that reports on product comparisons
including units sold and so forth.  That kind of survey is what you would
expect from a Consumer Reports product review, not a survey of users.

Usually, a survey that requests you to pick from a selection of products is no
different then a high school popularity contest.  And, most surveys are like
this.  Including those political polling surveys.

But, there are serious surveys too.  I once did a survey for Consumer Reports
on a new car purchase.  It took me 30 minutes to finish.  I think it had on the
order of 100+ questions.  It was years ago and not even an on-line survey.  I
can’t remember how many pages were involved but it was enough to result in an
extra heavy return envelope though postage was prepared.  I had to mark a whole
lot of little check boxes and so on with a black pen.

73, phil, K7PEH