Yea, I was on 40m also.  So there's a second data point.

Did not notice it before - but having watched it pretty consistently tonight, I will know what to look for on other bands.  Tonight was the first night I had the chance to run it on RTTY and want to be sure the thing is ready for prime time given the CQ RTTY DX is coming up end of Sept.

The good news is that the amp seemed to level off at 73C (or 63C?) and that means fan 2 was able to keep things under control. SWR is nearly 1:1 on that band and I don't know what it does on other bands but it was REALLY GREAT that fan speed 3+ was not needed.  1&2 are in a completely different sound category compared to the 3+ which sound like my company's computer server room.  ha ha.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com