For the last 10 years I've been using the K2 setup below for digital
comms (W32,FLDIGI) with no problems.  Now I'm trying to use the same
exact setup - no changes in cables, etc - for WJST-X (v1.9.1 r8747 in
FT8 mode) and the PTT is not working with the same parameters.  The
"Test PTT" button is not enabled, and the error message is "Rig Control
Error"

The setup is as follows:

Laptop = Dell Latitude
USB-to-serial converter = Edgeport (high end device using genuine FTDI
chips)
Serial Port - COM5, 9600, 8n1, RTS=PTT -connected to K2 I/O port
Soundcard = iMIC GUC232 connected to RigBlaster
CAT control is not used.

What I don't understand is why this configuration will trigger the PTT
for the other digital programs but not when using the WSJT-X program.
What am I missing?

All assistance appreciated. How do other K2 users set  this up?

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon