Paul,

Do you have the KX3 set to VOX?  If so, it should work.

Have you tried using PTT via CAT in your digital mode application - it is more reliable than using PTT out of the SignaLink or VOX in the KX3.

Be certain you are driving the audio sufficiently. You must have 4 bars solid on the KX3 ALC meter with the 5th bar flashing. See my website article at www.w3fpr.com. Scroll the left column to the last article and click on it to see the document.

73,
Don W3FPR