Dan,

The KDSP2 does quite well for SSB. Check your settings against the defaults shown in the KDSP2 manual. Particularly the bandpass low and high frequencies. Secondly, make sure the 'nr' and 'nt' is set to off (no dots before them on the display. If those are set on, they can be expected to cause some distortion.

73,
Don W3FPR