Hello all,

My KPA500 # 1090 (driven by K3 & followed by KAT500) basically functions as
advertised at 12-35w input level. BUT the following occurs randomly (no
matter band \ mode \ power) with a tendency to repeat more often, from day
to day :

1. At some point in the operating cycle (minutes from "ON" - can be 3 or 43)
the amp will not key when  triggered by my K3.   There is a "double click"
sound similar to a relay bounce. Usually On the next PTT  from the K3 it
will key  as before, and perhaps a few cycles later this might happen again.

2. Either starting the amp from cold or after some idle time the LCD
characters dim, become unreadable  and finally disappear. The LCD remains
lit but empty. This might or might not fix itself when powering the amp off
and on again. At the  time of writing this post it is the steady state.

3. The keying issue in "1" above isn't necessarily linked to issue "2", but
sometimes both occur at the  same time.

4. So far even with empty LCD the amp is amplifying; RF & SWR LEDs indicate
expected readings.

Any ideas please?
TIA & 73

Isaac, 4Z1TL