-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Al Gulseth
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 5:44 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft RF Probe

Funny you should mention that -- just in the past few days I was browsing
through an old [1968 edition] ARRL "Hints and Kinks". In an article titled
"Diode Protection for the Heath R.F. Probe" the author suggested adding a
NE-51 neon lamp across the diode (a solution he came up with after frying
"three or four" 1N34s). This should work for the Elecraft probe as the
schematic shown in H&K for the Heath probe is virtually identical to the
schematic in the K1 manual (the only difference is a .005 vs. .01 cap for
the
input coupling and the polarity of the diode).

73 es GL, Al