I spent a few minutes hanging out at the Elecraft booth at Dayton. There has been enough said about the excitement surrounding the new amplifier(s), they are well engineered products that address a market need.

The real news about Dayton is the almost universal appeal of ALL Elecraft products on display. From mini-kits to transceivers to transverters, the interest was intense and genuine. It was more order-taking than selling.

This should surprise no one who frequents the reflector as we have all experienced the real appeal of their products; outstanding engineering, excellent factory support, pride of ownership, and the secret weapon - a community of users that readily answer questions to help out Elecraft colleagues as demonstrated on this reflector. And if that fails, the designers have been known to chip in from time to time :-)

Make no mistake, the enduring quality of Elecraft is not the products and components they sell, but the culture of community they practice and promote. Why else would Don Wilhelm spend his weekend building a KX1 onsite at Dayton?

... and the T shirts are pretty good too.

Dave
VE6DRW