I have his card for a 10 meter QSO on 5 March 1972 (my dad's 65th birthday).

Wes  N7WS

.  On 9/14/2018 2:48 PM, Ted Bryant wrote:
I have one wall of my shack covered with QSL cards from all over the world.
One particular card is from 7Q7AA in Malawi for a QSO in 1971.  Many of you
may have worked him.  One day I just happened to pay attention to the small
print at the bottom of the card.  It noted the operator:  B. J. "Tony"
Martin W4FOA.  As it turns out, Tony W4FOA whom I have known for years, is a
member of our local Tennessee Valley DX Association.  I knew Tony had been
active from several places in Africa when he worked for the government but
never associated him with that call sign.  I took the card to one of our
meetings and we had a great conversation about his days in 7Q7.

I sometimes forget how small this hobby often makes our world.

73, Ted W4NZ