I noticed today that when I tried to fine adjust the mic level with the mic/keyer/pwr encoder that it may display the mic level but won't change it or if it does it's very erratic. The response is the same with the keyer speed in CW mode and when attempting to adjust the power level. Turning the knob fast usually does nothing, turning it slow may move it a bit and wiggling the knob seems the best way to see results. I never had a problem with it till today and I have made no changes to it or it's operation. I have been running it on WSPR at 500mw with a 2 minute Tx and 8 minute Rx for a few weeks now and always tweak the mic gain for the blinking ALC 5th bar when I change bands. I'm assuming it's the encoder going bad and will have to be sent to the Elecraft Hospital for a part replacement surgery but I thought I'd check here first in case I'm missing something.

tnx
de George
WD0AKZ

---