From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:58 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Entertaining Tales

If the initial post was to indicate that theory and fact were not well aligned
(That is the way I took it), then I would like to point out that much of what
was only theory in the 1960s has become more embodied in fact in later years.

There is still a lot of mystery and mystic in propagation and sunspot
prediction, but a lot of antenna theory of the 1960's has been hardened in
science.  The foundation of electromagnetic radiation is soundly grounded in
Maxwell's Equations - but they are a difficult study all in themselves.

I give a lot of credit to LB Cebik W4RNL (SK) for his modeling skills and
studies into antennas of various types.

73,
Don W3FPR

delivered to k...@comcast.net