Don,

You can use it with the K3 (the P3 input can be tuned anywhere between 455kHz and 21 MHz). You will have to add an IF output to the K2. DX Engineering is now selling the Clifton Labs buffer amplifier which can be used for that purpose.

I don't know what documentation is being sent with the DX Engineering kit, but if you need it, I can supply the original Clifton Labs document for the K2.

73,
Don W3FPR