Yes, the K3 cw pitch is easy to set tailor for hearing response and speaker/headphone response; at least easier than the K2. For my K2 I had written down the filter calibrations for a number of different pitches so that I could change them on the fly while operating; I recall it took less than a minute to dial one of them in...

But if you want to adjust the pitch to suit current band conditions, filter width and wpm speed of the station you are trying to copy, the K3 is not easy at all.

Let's assume that for any combination of these variables there is some optimum CW pitch between 300 - 800 Hz. How do you find that pitch for a particular CW signal? There is no easy way because whenever you push the PITCH button you can no longer hear the station your are trying to optimize. You would have to try every pitch selection individually, 300, 310, 320, etc., and somehow remember which was the best. Obviously, not a practical way to dial in the optimum value.

73,
Drew
AF2Z