Folks, this OT thread was closed yesterday.
Eric
Moderator
/elecraft.com/

On 9/26/2018 12:26 PM, Gwen Patton wrote:
My KXPA100 order hit on a day when it was raining fairly heavily. The UPS
driver clearly thought we wouldn't be home for some reason -- perhaps too
cynical? I don't know -- so he didn't bother to carry it the 14 lb box to
the house. Maybe he didn't want to have to carry it back to the van in the
rain? An interesting speculation, except for one small detail.

I was home. So was my partner. We were sitting 6 feet from the door, and if
the driver had even set foot on the porch, we would have noticed him
because we were sitting by a window onto the porch. Instead, he brought a
small Amazon package to the porch, to which he affixed the "sorry, we
missed you" tag, and tossed them onto the porch and ran back to his van. In
earlier times, they simply would have brought the package back the next
day, but not these days. He took the package to a pickup spot, a UPS store
about 5 miles from my house, and I had to pick it up the next day, in
person, with my ID so I could sign for it.

The sheer laziness of this event stunned me. He just didn't seem to want to
carry the box to the door in the rain, and was willing to inconvenience the
recipient of an expensive package just to avoid a couple minutes' work. I
don't have this trouble with FedEx, though I sometimes have problems with
Amazon drivers who claim not only that they delivered my package, but put
it directly into my hands, when I didn't even receive it until 2 days
later. They simply lie to avoid doing their jobs. It's the only thing I can
think of to explain it.

It doesn't do any good to complain. I raised the roof at UPS, and it had
zero effect. The woman on the phone told me she'd have the package brought
back to my door. Instead, it went to the pickup spot and I had to get my
disabled butt to their store to pick it up. Very frustrating!