Hans,

The most common cause of that kind of failure is that the wattmeter diodes in the KPA100 and/or The KAT100.

One quick way to check the KPA100 is to remove the KAT100 and connect only the KPA100 ANT jack to an external wattmeter and also a dummy load. Then do a TUNE and see how much power is actually being developed. Set the power to 50 watts. If it is 20 to 25 watts, the KPA100 wattmeter is working properly. But if it is 120 watts or more, diodes D16 and D17 in the KPA100 need to be replaced. They are 1N5711 type.

You may also want to arbitrarily replace D1 and D2 in the KAT100 - they are the same type. So if you have to order them, order quantity 4.

The most common cause of those diode failures is a static surge on the antenna feedline - likely from nearby lightning.

The other cause of that kind of SWR indications is a failure of ATU firmware Pin 3 or 4 or both. That IC can also be damaged by static surges.

The HiCur message is also associated with the failure of the KPA100 wattmeter diodes, because that is where the power is controlled from, and the K2 MCU does not know that any power is being developed, and pushes the drive power to the maximum. That also stresses the base K2 PA transistors and if not caught in short order, will cause their failure.

73,
Don W3FPR