I have 2 K3 and a K3S and for some time I have noticed all 3 doing something
that seems incorrect.  All the radios are all up to correct Rev levels.  For
years with my normal local noise, I always ran the NB at IF Nar 1-4 most all
the time with good success.  In recent months, maybe more, on Nar only when I
get up to NAR 1-4 to 1-7 more noise than what I am trying to remove appears ie
with no NB and S4 with some minor local line noise, at NB Nar 1-7 the noise is
S6 or more.  I don’t see that on any Med and Wide.  I don’t see any difference
in what band I am on but on the higher bands I have PRE 1 on with AGC Fast or
Slow.  Any input from others that might have seen this is appreciated.  I know
in past years this did not occur and I have been lax in asking the question.

I actually checked at another QTH with only S2 on the meter and got the same
results.

I see I received some criticism in regard the question on CODEC.  Someone said
ask “what did I do last”.  Well the time program was set to 1 sec maybe 6
months before I used the program that indicated there was some sort of problem
and it was noticed as soon as I started using the K3S.  I was only looking for
some input and not blaming the K3S but since it was in the equation with the
computer I had to ask.  Receiving input like that I think make some not want to
even ask any legitimate questions on the forum. I did receive a lot of good
info and that was much appreciated.  73 Mike K4PI