Rich,

Not quite. You do NOT want to connect the CBLP3Y cable to a USB to serial port adapter. You will not only have communications failures, but you may damage the K3 USB port output and the USB to serial adapter because you will have two drivers on the same RS-232 signal lines.

I assume you have a P3 since you have the CBLP3Y cable.

You can connect a simple RD-232 Y cable to the PC port on the P3 with the CBLP3Y cable plugged into one side of the Y and the serial cable to your SDR receiver on the other side.

Your SDR receiver must turn its driver off - it can listen to the RS-232 traffic, but it cannot transmit requests or commands.

You may have to set up virtual ports with LP-Bridge or Com0Com.

73,
Don W3FPR