Elecraft Team,

Thanks to you and all your fans!

I just got my KX1 a few days ago and finished the basic unit and paddle
today.  I made my first QRP QSO tonight at 5:55 PM PDT from San Francisco to
Tehachapi, CA. off the side of my 40 meter trapped dipole (only 38’).  The
ant. is resonant at about 7.140 and I ran it thru an MFJ-969 tuner to get a
1 to 1 match.

I bought the KX1 because I am going backpacking in Yosemite the 1st, 2nd,
and 3rd of June and I wanted to go lite weight.  I did a lot of research but
was anxious about the 2 to 4 watt output of the KX1.  In the final analysis
it was all the rave reviews of the KX1 users, including some I found over
the air that sold me on this rig.

I love it!!!!!!

Hope to meet some of you on the air from Glacier Point and Tioga pass!

Jack Regan, AE6GC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.jackandginger.com